Note: This is a report about our 2017 Annual Meeting and is not an official record.
The Annual Membership Meeting & Election for Capitol City Golf Club Estates HOA was held on Thursday night, November 16, 2017 at the Jacob Smith House at 4500 Intelco Loop SE, in Lacey, WA. The required quorum was present.
President Larry Dittloff opened the meeting, introduced the current board members, and gave an overview of this year’s accomplishments and future goals for 2018 and beyond.
Vice-President Darrelyn Nuesca added valuable information to those attending and answered questions about the Architectural Committee, which she chairs.
Treasurer Randy Luke presented the 2018 Budget (NO INCREASES) and answered questions from members about the 2017 costs and expenditures.
Projects and topics discussed were:
- Speed bumps were re-painted throughout the neighborhood and storm drains cleaned
- New 20 MPH signs were added
- The successful conversion of street lights to LED, which has already yielded a savings on the PSE bill and the cost of installation will pay for itself in a short time
- Membership dues remain at $220 per year, due in January of 2018
- The board agreed to improve the website in 2018 to include a revised list of documents and information for members, realtors, and potential new homeowners
- With the addition of a NEW Welcome Committee Chair, Doug Colby, the board’s goal is to offer not only a more personalized welcome to new homeowners with a discussion of our CCRs, bylaws, and ACC Forms, but we hope to have gifts of coupons/samples from our local merchants and businesses
- The Annual Garage Sale will be moved to coincide with Indian Summer’s Garage Sale in June
- An RFP (Request for Proposal) has been sent to select management companies, (including Vantage Community Management), in order to select the best cost/services for our Association day-to-day management
- The results and recommendations of The Reserve Fund Study were discussed. The board hopes that the savings accrued by cost-cutting and collections may be added to the Reserve Fund in the coming year
Your elected trustees for 2018 are:
- Jayne Bradley
- Larry Dittloff
- Darrelyn Nuesca
- Ed Obie
- Darrell Steiner
- Christina Tremper
Treasurer Randy Luke is holding a two-year term and was not up for re-election.
Thanks and gratitude to Tom LeVack and Lisa Greeley for their prior service to our community while serving on the board.
At the upcoming board meeting on December 21st, 2017, the elected trustees will elect officers and select trustees to serve one, two, and three-year terms.
A big THANK YOU to those attending, voting, and asking great questions! The trustees and its future elected officers and committees look forward to a new year of serving our community. We hope you will consider volunteering your talents and expertise with your neighbors and our HOA.
Contact us if you have a desire to serve on a committee, have an idea, or a suggestion.